Analyzing Meridian Investment Counsel's Q3 2022 vs. Q4 2022 13F Holdings: Which Stocks Saw an Increase in Value?
Ava Hoppe | 26 April, 2023
Investing in the stock market can be both exciting and nerve-wracking, especially when it comes to keeping track of all the changes in holdings. That's why 13F filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) exist. These quarterly reports give us insight into the top institutional investors and their holdings.
Meridian Investment Counsel Inc. is just one example of a major institutional investor that is required to file this report. Its Q3 2022 vs. Q4 2022 13F holdings comparison provides valuable information for investors who are looking to understand which stocks this firm is holding and which ones it has sold.
In this article, we will analyze Meridian Investment Counsel's Q3 2022 vs. Q4 2022 13F holdings and discuss which stocks have seen an increase in value.
The top five stocks that saw an increase in value are:
1. CHEVRON CORP NEW (CVX)
2. TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MFG LTD (TSM)
3. NORFOLK SOUTHN CORP (NSC)
4. ABBVIE INC (ABBV)
5. ISHARES GOLD TR (IAU)
In terms of percentage change, CHEVRON CORP NEW saw the biggest increase in value, with a 23% change. TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MFG LTD followed closely behind with a 12.4% change. NORFOLK SOUTHN CORP saw a 15.9% increase, ABBVIE INC had a 20.5% change, and ISHARES GOLD TR had a 9.2% change.
Other notable changes in holdings include Adobe Systems, which saw a 22.3% increase in value, and Johnson & Johnson, which saw a 9.8% increase. Meanwhile, SI-BONE INC saw a significant decrease in value, with a -22.1% change, followed by FEDEX CORP with a 19.2% change, and Dupont de Nemours Inc with a massive 45.2% change.
It's worth noting that, while institutional investors like Meridian Investment Counsel Inc. have significant influence on the stock market, they are not the only factor that can influence stock prices. The stock market can be volatile, and various factors can impact a stock's value. Therefore, it is important to do your own research before making any investment decisions.
In conclusion, Meridian Investment Counsel's Q3 2022 vs. Q4 2022 13F holdings comparison shows us which stocks this firm is holding and which ones it has sold. While analyzing these changes in holdings can give investors a good idea of which stocks are performing well, it's important to remember that many factors can influence a stock's value, and it's always best to do your own research before investing.
- Dearborn Capital Management LLC's Q2 and Q3 2018 13F Holdings: A Comparative Analysis of Changes in Holdings and Values
- Heartland Advisors Shows Steady Growth in Q3 vs. Q4 2022 Holdings
- Comparing GFS Advisors' 13F Holdings in Q4 2022 and Q1 2023: An In-Depth Analysis
- Shifting Portfolios: Autus Asset Management, LLC Q3 2022 vs. Q4 2022
- Investing in Q1 2023: Analyzing Yorktown Management & Research Co Inc's 13F Holdings
- Paracle Advisors' Q4 2020 vs. Q1 2021 13F Holdings: Comparing Changes in Fund Shares
- Investment Changes in Q3 VS Q4 2022 for Fort, L.P: A Comprehensive Overview
- Hendershot Investments Inc. Q4 2022 vs. Q1 2023: A Comprehensive Review of Changes in 13F Holdings
- Analyzing Oak Grove Capital LLC's Q3 and Q4 2022 Holdings: Changes and Implications
- Examining D. Scott Neal, Inc.'s 13F Holdings Comparison: Notable Shifts in Q4 2022 to Q1 2023