Is Amazon stock price just right?
Gracie Gottlieb | 24 October, 2019
Amazon is similarly to Apple held in their portfolio by close to one third of all the funds filing quarterly 13F reports. As of this writing the market cap of Amazon is eight hundred seventy-seven billion, one hundred sixty billion-dollar worth of stock, about 18% of the total market cap, is held by over 1050 funds.
Only 12 funds have call options on the Amazon stock for the sum total of two hundred sixty-eight million. What's interesting is that 11 funds hold outstanding put options on Amazon for sum total of two hundred eighty-five million, so the puts and calls virtually cancel each other out.
These are the funds that hold call options on Amazon:
- North Fourth Asset Management LP
- Graticule Asia Macro Advisors LLC
- SKYE Global Management LP
- WORM Capital LLC
- Pointstate Capital LP
- Ulysses Management LLC
- Prelude Capital Management LLC
- Dumont & Blake Investment Advisors LLC
- Secrest Blakey & Associates LLC
- Kovack Advisors Inc
- Kovack International Advisors Inc
- Brookstone Capital Management LLC
And here are the funds that hold put options on Amazon:
- Masters Capital Management LLC
- Checchi Capital Advisers LLC
- Taconic Capital Advisors LP
- Centiva Capital LP
- Arrowgrass Capital Partners US LP
- Highland Capital Management LP
- Precept Management LLC
- HMS Capital Management LLC
- Centerstar Asset Management LLC
- Spiderrock Advisors LLC
- Dynamic Advisor Solutions LLC
The Q3 earnings are expected to be announced today, and since the stock is neither loved nor hated a positive earnings surprise can serve a s a catalyst that investors have been waiting for and can send the Amazon stock back up over $2,000 per share.